HUNTING AINT NO HOBBY, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsLog inRegisterWho's Online

Share | 

Location meets?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
USMC1355

PostSubject: Location meets?   Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:51 pm

Just checking if there is any type of meeting by locations or regions where members can meet each other. Think it would be nice if there was such an event. It would be nice to know people by name and plan things to do such as a sub group or so. Everyone can share resouces and interests.
Example I live in Corpus area and know all the fishing hot spots and go a lot by myself. Nice to meet other people you hit it off with and become great friends with. Any ideas or anything in place like that....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redog

PostSubject: Re: Location meets?   Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:25 pm

Hey US some good ideas there for sure...This being a brand new hunting/fishing site where working it hard to get off the ground and have dinners/meets is in the plans for sure .......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
USMC1355

PostSubject: Re: Location meets?   Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:35 pm

Yeah....Trying to get something going around here kinda hard...Im from Alabama and was in a hunting club there pretty much my whole life there. Same guys there whole time and it was a blast. It just became one big family all year round. Since I have been here have not been able to link up much. Had several leases, but once I got settled in the owner sold it. I have a lease in Roma Tx on the boarder now, but wont be getting back on. 275 miles one way and was not very productive this year think it was shot out by the guys before me. Not to mention all the violence down there. Many morning I listened to the gun fights for an hour or so in Mexico. Plus rumor is by next hunting season gas might be $5.00 a gallon. So needless to say will be looking for a new lease for next season. If I can help in any way let me know! JP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redog

PostSubject: Re: Location meets?   Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:06 pm

BOY!!! Was me and you on the same lease!....Two years ago i had a lease in San Ygnacio Tx. not really that good of hunting and i hated the sand... I had my fill of So. Texas always looking over your shoulder so i move my hunting group up north just a little past the hill country and we love it there!!! lots of deer and some good size body and horns.....Best thing is its quite no more check points and watching your back side......

I have a friend that lives in Hebbronville Tx. that has leases he aint cheap but thats some great hunting area ...if interested i can get his e-mail address to ya...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
USMC1355

PostSubject: Re: Location meets?   Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:18 pm

Yeah it was pretty wild down there...me being a police officer and all did not help much with the way I was being looked at down there. I got a lease to relax not look over my shoulder all the time....kinda felt like the deer down there always hiding out in the brush not to be seen. Matter of fact I have been hunting on a buddie of mine place in 3 rivers so I did not have to go down there. Just been pig and predator hunting for the most part.
Yeah Im interested in any information for any leases open around within reason....I mainly hunt to get away and relax...Now I have a 3 year old son I am limited to be able to pay around $2,000 for a lease...Then again a GOOD group of guys and just seeing game is what im looking for in a lease. Thanks for keeping your ears open and appreciate info towards a new area to hunt...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redog

PostSubject: Re: Location meets?   Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:31 pm

PM sent to ya US....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
USMC1355

PostSubject: Re: Location meets?   Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:40 pm

Red one never came through unless there is a special way to get it.......my email address is also pelfrey128@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cullhunter1

PostSubject: Re: Location meets?   Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:48 pm

Well let me but in If yall dont mind?...................U.S. I completely agree that meetings of any type would be really
good ways to network. And like Reddog said were just getting started here, This is our first deer season on the web
and look how far we have come! I like the idea of regions being set up and will work on that when we have enough
members to do so. In the mean time we will work on some annual or semi-annual type of meet,(other than labor for cull)
for members to get together. If gas goes to 5.00 a gallon..................We will get a virtual meeting hall haha.....Cull
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.texascullhuntersassoc.com
Hunt to eat

PostSubject: Re: Location meets?   Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:18 pm

cullhunter1 wrote:
Well let me but in If yall dont mind?...................U.S. I completely agree that meetings of any type would be really
good ways to network. And like Reddog said were just getting started here, This is our first deer season on the web
and look how far we have come! I like the idea of regions being set up and will work on that when we have enough
members to do so. In the mean time we will work on some annual or semi-annual type of meet,(other than labor for cull)
for members to get together. If gas goes to 5.00 a gallon..................We will get a virtual meeting hall haha.....Cull

You know, Video Chat would not be that hard? This could be a good way to get together and kick some things around while we are working to get things going?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redog

PostSubject: Re: Location meets?   Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:33 am

USMC1355 wrote:
Red one never came through unless there is a special way to get it.......my email address is also pelfrey128@gmail.com

E-mail and PM sent to ya US
Back to top Go down
View user profile
USMC1355

PostSubject: Re: Location meets?   Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:17 pm

Thanks on the info I sent out a email to him....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redog

PostSubject: Re: Location meets?   Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:23 pm

I told him you where commin i hope he can help...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Location meets?   

Back to top Go down

Location meets?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1