HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsLog inRegisterWho's Online

Share | 

Dominion & Stewardship

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Dominion & Stewardship   Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:37 pm

1. Genesis 1:26 (Whole Chapter)
    And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
  2. Genesis 1:28 (Whole Chapter)
    And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

From the beginning, God gave mankind dominion over the animals of the earth and sea. We exercise that power by caring for pets, raising livestock and hunting. Hunting isn't just about taking a life of an animal. It is about fellowship with other hunters, sharing experiences with families and putting food on the table for family, friends and those less fortunate (Hunters for the Hungry). This power has a cost, though and that is where stewardship comes in. We cannot have dominion over something without the responsibility of exercising stewardship.

God is the steward of all creation, because he owns it. He made it! We are the managers of his creatiion, and as hunters, we have proven to be excellent managers. Without hunting, animals would become overpopulated and susceptible to disease and starvation. Heard management is key to keeping deer and other game healthy. Sometimes the news and situations with so-called "hunters" give us all a bad name becuase some kill just for the fun of killing, and kill indiscriminately. That's not who we should be.

Every animal is given life by God and he cares for them.
Matthew 6:26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?

We have a responsibility to respect and honor the creatures. I'm not ashamed to admit that I feel a sort of sadness for taking a life. That should not be the ultimate goal in our pursuits, but it is necessary for the survival and health of the animals we hunt and respect.

I would love to have a wall mount of a 150+ class whitetail on my wall, and I strive for it every season. However, with my license and multiple tags, I think I should not pass up an opportunity at "less desireable" deer, making that 150+ the only objective for the year. The deer population needs to be controled for the overall health of the species!

Just my two cents.

Last edited by Jackrabbit68 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cullhunter1

PostSubject: Re: Dominion & Stewardship   Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:44 am

Bravo, Bravo, Very well said JR68

Trophy Buck, Cull Buck, Doe, once you put them on the grill they are all the same (TASTY!!!!).........................................AMEN!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.texascullhuntersassoc.com
BMarshall

PostSubject: Re: Dominion & Stewardship   Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:08 pm

Very well said !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redog

PostSubject: Re: Dominion & Stewardship   Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:48 am

Have Faith in him, everything is possible .....

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

"Smile this is the first day of the rest of your life"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dominion & Stewardship   

Back to top Go down

Dominion & Stewardship
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1