View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:50 pm

July 15

HIS FAVOR CAN COME
TO YOU IN ALL WISDOM

Ephesians 1:8 Which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence.

Knowledge is increasing at an enormous rate today, however wisdom seems to be decreasing at the same rate. This is not God’s will for your life, because He has given much instruction in the Bible for gaining divine wisdom. Psalm 111:10 tells you “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; a good understanding have all those who do His commandments. His praise endures forever.” God wants to enable you to have clear insight into His will for your life, because He doesn’t want it to be a dark secret. This will only be possible as you spend time in His Word, and spend time with Him. Not only will He give you the understanding to know His will, but He will cause divine wisdom to abound toward you. He also wants you to be able to help others in their time of need.

Prayer Thought

If God permits in His wisdom what He could have prevented with His power, it’s so that you’d bow your knees and say, “Yes Lord, Your will be done.”

July 16

GOD REVEALS HIS
MYSTERIES TO YOU

Ephesians 1:9 Having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself.

The Old Testament believers had a very small idea of what God had in mind for them, but we who live since the resurrection of Jesus have the ability to receive insight into God’s mysteries because the Holy Spirit has been sent to be your guide. You do not have to live under the bondage of depression, inferiority or anything else Satan wants to send your way, because the Holy Spirit is here to help you. Unfortunately some who claim to be Christians, only spend once a week with the Lord. Others will read a promise out of a promise box, etc., and feel they have done their duty. It’s not a matter of duty, but a necessity for you to spend time with the Lord on a daily basis, if you are going to continue to be guided by the Holy Spirit.

Prayer Thought

Never wonder why you have no faith for healing or your needs supplied, if you feed you body three meals a day, and your spirit a cold snack weekly.

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:07 pm

July 17

YOU WILL OBTAIN A GREAT INHERITANCE

Ephesians 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will.

God has a plan for your life, and will complete it. He has an inheritance for you, and is expecting you to succeed, so that you will continue to be part of His plan. In the above verse Paul says, “We have obtained an inheritance.” You don’t see it yet, but it’s on the way. Once a small boy received three presents for his birthday, and later his grandmother phoned to say that she was sending him a bicycle. Later he was asked how many presents he had received, and he answered, “Four”, his father was surprised at the answer. The boy explained, “But Grandma phoned to tell me she was sending me a bicycle.” The bike was his, even though he had not yet received it. In faith he already had it.

Prayer Thought

Faith is not believing God can, faith is believing God will. It’s not the size of your faith that counts, but the God behind your faith!

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:45 pm

July 18

SEALED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT

Ephesians 1:13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise.

You as a believer become the property of God, and are sealed by the Holy Spirit. One of the values of having His seal, is that you can have His guidance, help and protection. A group of believers, during the Great Tribulation, will receive this seal which enables them to have special protection, (Revelation 7:3). The Antichrist copies this idea by having all of his followers receive his mark. This causes a separation between the followers of the Holy Spirit and those of the Antichrist, see Revelation 13:6; 16:2. Since you represent Jesus, His authority stands behind you when you are operating in His behalf, (John 14:12-14). To maintain this seal constantly keep your mind renewed through studying your Bible and talking to the Problem Solver.

Prayer Thought

With God the weakest vessels take on the power and authority of the Lord. Listen to the Lord! A God who can speak with authority like that certainly has a good word for you!

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:30 pm

July 19

YOU CAN KNOW GOD PERSONALLY

Ephesians 1:17 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better. 18. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints. - N.I.V.

Your Heavenly Father longs to give you the spirit of wisdom, and revelation in the knowledge of Him. He is very anxious for you to become better acquainted with Him, because He knows you are a very valuable person. He also wants the eyes of your understanding to be opened to all He has for you. The Holy Spirit will help you to understand the Bible better, as well as enable you to understand God in a better way. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you the spirit of wisdom today, to enable you understand your Bible better.

Prayer Thought

The more you understand, the less you judge, pray “Lord give me an understanding heart.” He’s promised not to withhold any good thing from you!

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:23 pm

July 20

YOUR FAITH ALLOWS HIS
POWER TO WORK IN YOU

Ephesians 1:19 And what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power.

In Ephesians 3:20 you have the wonderful promise that He is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that you ask or think, according to the power that works in you. The satanic forces have tried to blind you the believer, to the power of God that is available to you, because they know they are defeated when you use the authority of the name of Jesus. God’s power is available to you, and is way beyond most people’s comprehension. As you start to grasp the significance of that power, you can experience the transforming reality of living for God in your life. Two things must take place, first your divine faith must move, then God moves in answer to the use of your faith.

Prayer Thought

Prayer does not cause faith to work, faith causes prayer to work. Don’t dig up in doubt what you’ve planted in faith.

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:23 pm

July 21

YOU ARE AN OBJECT
OF GOD’S PLEASURE

Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us.

In Ephesians 1:5 and 2:4 you see that because of God’s tremendous love for you, He gets great pleasure in showing you rich mercy. In fact, in the next verse you see another way He receives pleasure:

Psalm 35:27 Let them shout for joy and be glad, who favor my righteous cause; and let them say continually, “Let the Lord be magnified, Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.”

You might not be feeling very prosperous today, because of all types of stress and problems. Remember a tea bag never releases its potential until it’s put in hot water. Start praising the Lord that the answer is on the way, and you’ll see it shortly.

Prayer Thought

Only He who can see the invisible can do the impossible! If you want God to rule in your situation - start praising Him!

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:53 pm

July 22

SAVED BY GRACE, DIVINE
FAVOR, - NOT YOUR WORKS

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God. 9. Not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Many feel they receive eternal life because of their works, and are frequently looking for ways to better their position. A person who is not sure if his works are good enough could become very depressed. Jesus has redeemed you, by giving His blood to pay for the penalty of your sin. Your good works have nothing to do with receiving salvation. Your good works after salvation, will demonstrate that you have been saved.

The satanic forces may remind you of your past, but you can tell them to leave you alone, because God does not hold those sins against you any more, since He blotted them out, as seen in Isaiah 43:25

Prayer Thought

It is not faith and works; it is not faith or works; it is faith that works. Don’t look for man’s applause, look for God’s approval!

July 23

YOU HAVE CONTINUAL
ACCESS TO GOD

Ephesians 2:18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.

Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, (favor, love-gifts), that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

You may have the idea that you are only to come to God in a time of great need or emergency. Or you may feel that you are inadequate to approach Him yourself because you are unworthy. The Centurion had this feeling, as seen in Luke 7:6-7. He sent his friends to ask Jesus not to come to his home, but only speak the word and his servant would be healed. He demonstrated far more faith than the average Jew, but many need to overcome the other trait he showed, feeling unworthy. You can to come to Jesus anytime! You’re always welcome.

Prayer Thought

Everything God did for Jesus, He has to do for you, since God shows no partiality (Acts 10:34), because He honors divine faith. Faith puts God between me and my problems.

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:11 pm

July 24

YOU ARE GOD’S
WORKMANSHIP

Ephesians 2:10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things He planned for us long ago. - New Living Translation.

God didn’t make junk when He made you! He has a special purpose for your life and wants you to trust Him, that it will be fulfilled. Remember, these purposes, your “works” do not save you, but will demonstrate to others that you have been saved. Every time a thought of depression, or a feeling of unworthiness comes to you, remind yourself that you are one of God’s masterpieces. He planned good things for you long ago, but as time went by, to you some of the plans didn’t seem to have been fulfilled. If you have made wrong choices, ask the Lord to forgive you, then ask Him to redirect your life back on the course He has planned. When Moses fled from Egypt, he thought God’s plan was over, but it was just starting.

Prayer Thought

When Satan brings a worried thought to your mind, tell him to talk to God about it. It’s all in God’s hands - not yours. - K. Copeland.

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:46 pm

July 25

RENEW THE SPIRIT
OF YOUR MIND
Ephesians 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind.

Each one of you are a spirit being, living in a body, but the spirit part of you will never die. Your mind is also controlled by a spirit, which is not demonic in origin. Sometimes this is the controlling factor of the carnal nature. This part of you must be renewed, as well as your mind. God renewed your spirit when you received Jesus as your personal Savior, and now wants to renew your mind. This takes place in direct proportion to the amount of time you spend in the Word and in prayer. A teacher once told me she was being tempted in her thoughts. I suggested that every time she was tempted, let that be a reminder to pray for someone, and could select me if she wanted to. She would find that after a while the temptations would stop, because the satanic forces did not want her to pray. A month later she told me that the idea worked.

Prayer Thought

Just as a battery has to be set aside and recharged, or “renewed,” so you must plug into His word, and daily be recharged. Dead “batteries” produce no life.

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:54 pm

July 26

PUTTING FEAR
BEHIND YOU

2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

God reacts to faith like Satan reacts to fear. Fear can control you in direct proportion to the problems that come your way. Fear is the opposite of faith, and both are released by expecting something you can’t see. Faith comes from seeing the Word, but fear comes from seeing the problem. Faith is released by the words of your mouth, and fear is also released by the words of your mouth. Fear does not have a claim over you. Faith will be built up in your life as you remove fear from your spirit.

Focus on the answer to the problem, rather than on the problem. When you quote Scripture you are resisting the enemy who is tempting you with a spirit of fear. The more Scripture you quote to the enemy, the more pain you inflict on him.

Prayer Thought

Both faith and fear sail into the harbor of your mind, but only faith should be allowed to anchor.

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:57 pm

July 27

GOD IS ON YOUR SIDE

Psalm 118:6 The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?

In the above verse, as well as Psalm 124:1-2 you see that the Lord is on your side. Know that He is stronger than any force that may come against you. Your responsibility is to believe and act on the promises that He has given you. This is only possible when the promises of God have been planted in your spirit, and you depend on them instead of the circumstances that are causing the fear.

In Jeremiah 20:11 one translation puts it this way:

“The Lord is with me as a powerful giant, therefore my persecutors will stumble and will not prevail. They will be greatly ashamed, for they will not prosper. Their everlasting confusion will never be forgotten.”

Prayer Thought

Hope is greater than despair. No matter how deep you sink, God’s provision is there to raise you up again.

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:04 pm

July 28

PROTECTION
FROM THE LORD

Isaiah 54:17 “No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is from Me,” says the Lord.

News from most areas of the world show that problems are increasing, which causes you to become more fearful. In recent months computer viruses have caused major problems in many areas. I have received none of these problems in our home, because I’m depending on God to honor His promises. When people try to form a weapon against my family, home or office, they will be unsuccessful because of His Word.

Start filling your spirit with God’s promises and expect Him to provide what He said He would do. You serve a wonderful and loving Lord, who wants to help you in your time of need.

Prayer Thought

Put a demand on God’s promises. The devil at his best is no match for the Christian with God’s power.

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:50 pm

July 29

PLACING YOUR
CONFIDENCE IN GOD

Psalm 42:11 Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God.

Have you ever felt everyone was against you, and there was no way of escape? David felt like this many times when he was being chased by King Saul, who wanted to kill him. What did David do? He told himself to start concentrating on the Lord, Who was going to meet the need. So many times people become bound in their spirit, because they are looking at the circumstances instead of expecting the Lord to meet the need or provide the protection.

When trials come your way look to God’s promises, and expect Him to honor His Word by meeting the need. He is longing to help you, but is waiting for you to rely on Him.

Prayer Thought

Impossibilities were created for the Christian to lay hold of God’s Word and DO IT!

July 30

GOD LOVES YOU!

1 John 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.

Your value to God is not based on your performance, it is based on His love for you, in spite of what you have done in the past. God does not place conditions on His love for you, because He loves you unconditionally. He tells you in Hebrews 4:16 to come boldly to Him, because He wants to meet your need. God wants you to have confidence in His Word, that He will honor it and meet your need as you apply the promises.

Many people are only hoping God will meet their need when they pray, instead of coming in confidence. Don’t listen to voices that tell you your prayers will not be answered this time. Instead tell yourself that God loves you and wants to help you. The more you realize God loves you, the more you can depend on His Word and promises in it. Think of yourself as one of His favorites, then live and act in a way that will want Him to continue to demonstrate His love to you.

Prayer Thought

For God so loved the world that He gave. You can give without loving, but you can’t love without giving.

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:03 pm

July 31

ALWAYS CAUSES
YOU TO TRIUMPH

2 Corinthians 2:14 Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.

Stress is a major problem in many lives today, which causes many to lose time at work, or even lose their jobs. Stressful situations seem to be increasing on a continual basis, with no answers in sight. When you try to handle the situations yourself, you find the problems seem to increase, but when you go to the Lord, you will see answers come in the time of need.

Allow the Lord to take the stressful situations out of your life and change them from stumbling blocks into stepping stones. Before answering a person who is causing stress, quietly pray for guidance, and He will show you what to say. The answer you give could help the other person overcome their stressfulness as well.

Prayer Thought

God is in control of not only today, but also tomorrow. Don’t be troubled about tomorrow - God is already there!

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:47 pm

August 1

MINISTER WITH EFFORT
OR OVERFLOW
Isaiah 26:3 You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Every believer has been called to be a minister for the Lord. Some are called to be doctors, lawyers etc., but many have been called by the Lord to work in factories, farms, mines or other areas, but see no relationship to their job and church related activities. God has called you to the position you are in, regardless of how you view it. Stress and burnout can come when you don’t see your position as God views it. Why is it that sometimes two people who are equally talented, view their situations with opposite ideas. The one is bound by stress, and the other goes by overflow. To reach the level of overflow, where you can be most effective even with a very busy schedule, quality time must be set aside each day for prayer and Bible study. How much did you have yesterday?

Prayer Thought

What you do with the moment God gives you - is your gift to Him. Each moment you live is His gift to you. Honor the time He gives you.

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:51 pm

August 2

YOUR REFUGE
AND FORTRESS

Psalm 91:2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him I will trust.”

After a disaster, such as an earthquake, flood, tornado or hurricane, a place of refuge is frequently set up in a relatively safe place. People who are affected by the problem are asked to go there for help. Many Christians in a time of crisis, tend to become afraid or panic. God is expecting you to depend on His promises because He wants to stand behind you, to meet your need. Notice the first words in the above verse. God does not want you to verbalize the problem, but show you are depending on Him to take care of you in the problem. He wants to not only help you through the difficulty you are in, but also enable you to help others. He is expecting you to thank Him that He has the answer, and that He will supply everything required. Remind Him of the Scriptures you are depending on.

Prayer Thought

Thanksgiving and praise are choices! God uses people as a source but - He is the CREATOR! Though the storms may rage, and the winds howl, He is your Refuge!

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:51 pm

August 3

GOD FIGHTS FOR YOU

Exodus 14:14 The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace.

Many people are becoming more fearful, and don’t seem to have answers. However Deuteronomy 3:22 states: “You must not fear them, for the Lord your God Himself fights for you.” God wants you to look to Him, and what He has promised in the Bible. When the spies returned from Canaan to give a report to Moses, ten were very fearful. What was the problem? They forgot two of the promises God gave them. The first one was that God was going to send His Angel before them, Exodus 23:20. Eight verses later God promised to send hornets ahead of them that would drive the people out of the land. Regardless of how tall the giants were, they would “move out of town” when attacked by a few million hornets. Your problems are not too great for God to handle, so turn them over to Him today.

Prayer Thought

God can’t break His word! Grab the promised hope and never, never let go!

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:23 pm

August 4

GOD WILL NOT
FORSAKE YOU

Deuteronomy 31:8 And the Lord, He is the one who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed.

Have you ever felt your prayers were not being answered, or God had forsaken you? These thoughts come from the enemy who wants you to feel discouraged. God tells you He will never leave or forsake you. When thoughts of doubt come, resist them in the name of Jesus, and then quote the above verse which will give him pain.

You may be facing some severe health or financial problems, which may frustrate you. Don’t become discouraged, instead ask God to show you which promise He wants you to use against the problem. His promises are to be used as “tools” to come against the attacks of the enemy.

Prayer Thought

When you put God first, you’ll never feel you’re in second place! Make sure your ladder of success is leaning on the right building.

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:59 pm

August 5

DON’T
BE AFRAID

Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

Why does the Bible tells you over eighty time to not fear or be afraid? Is it because you seem to forget, and need to be reminded? God wants to strengthen you in your time of need, but you won’t accept the help when you are bound by fear. If this is your situation, tell the Lord you are tired of being fearful, and want Him to enable you to depend on the strength He has for you. He is more than willing to help you, but He is waiting for you to bring your need to Him. Problems are going to increase in the months ahead, but God wants to help you now, so that when those times come, they will appear to be small things to you, because of your new found strength. Depend on Him now, and His strength will flow to you.

Prayer Thought

Fear knocked on the door. Faith answered. No one was there. Fear ends where God begins.

August 6

STRENGTH IN
TIME OF NEED
Isaiah 40:31 But those who wait (entwine themselves) on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

All of you can run out of strength, and sometimes feel you can’t go on any further. The older you become the more visible this can become. Why is it that some people have a lot more strength than younger people? On one occasion my granddaughter, who was about eighteen at the time, was visiting us. A fire truck was about four blocks away, and she wanted me to run with her to see it. I gave her a head start, but arrived there a block ahead of her. I am depending on the Lord to renew my strength on a daily basis, because I know He honors His word. The way you will be able to depend on His promises more, is to entwine yourself with him, as strands are entwined together to form a rope. Spend more time in prayer and His Word each day.

Prayer Thought

He is your strength, he is your source. A branch cut off from its source will never bear fruit, or survive.

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:56 pm

August 7

DON’T KNOW
WHAT TO DO?
Psalm 37:23 The steps of the godly are directed by the Lord. He delights in every detail of their lives. - New Living Translation.

How many times have you not known which way to turn, or what to do, and many times wrong decisions are made? God delights in every detail of your life and wants to direct you around or through the problems. On one occasion the Gibeonites came to deceive Joshua, Joshua 9:1-16, but Joshua did not ask the Lord about it, verse 14. This is like many people who rely on their own ideas instead of asking the Lord for guidance.

What decisions are facing you today? Ask the Lord for wisdom and guidance, expecting Him to honor the above verse. Start offering a sacrifice of praise, to show you are trusting in His Word. He wants to bless you in a great way to show others His favor to you.

Prayer Thought

Faith lets me see that God is bigger than my problems. Questions? Take them to the One who has the answers!

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:31 am

August 8

AFRAID OF
THE UNKNOWN

Proverbs 3:25 Do not be afraid of sudden terror, nor of trouble from the wicked when it comes; 9. for the Lord will be your confidence, and will keep your foot from being caught.

The Lord wants you to have complete confidence in Him, expecting Him to take care of you during the time of need. There is really no reason for you to be afraid if you are expecting Him to meet the need. He has confidence in you, that you will depend on the strength that comes from Him, as well as the authority He has given you to resist the satanic forces and temptations. On many occasions, when an emergency comes, you will not have time to look for some Scripture, or try to remember one. It is very necessary to fill your spirit with the promises of God before troubles come, so that it becomes second nature to rely on them in a time of need. Expect the Holy Spirit to direct you to the promise most needed.

Prayer Thought

Strength in times of need comes from training to be like Jesus, not trying to be like Jesus!

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:24 pm

August 9

DELIVERANCE
BY GOD
Psalm 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.

In a number of places the Bible tells you that you will have trouble, but also promises that help is available. Some have not seen the help they so desperately need, because they do not understand what is expected of them. If you were working for someone, would you be expected to do the work, or would you expect the boss to do it for you? The boss may show you how, but he’ll expect you to do the work. Many are expecting God to work for them, when He is expecting you to use the “tools” He has given you. These tools are the promises in His Word. Find the appropriate one to meet your need, then ask Him what His will is. When you know His will, and the timing, you can apply the promise to the problem. He wants to deliver you from the enemy who is causing the problems, after you use the “tools” He gas given you.

Prayer Thought

You can’t adjust God to fit your needs, you’ve got to adjust yourself to fit God. God who made you will never turn His back on you

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:59 am

August 10

HEALING FOR
YOUR BODY

Psalm 103:3 Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, 5. Who satisfies your mouth with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

God is a good God, and has provided healing for His people. Many have been bound by Church traditions which teach that divine healing is no longer available. Those Christian won’t receive divine healing, because they don’t know to believe for it. When you apply divine faith, in the will of God, you will see answers to what you are praying for. Divine faith works both ways - for or against you. When you believe you will not receive divine healing, your faith will keep you from being healed. Start believing that God wants to heal you, then you will start to see the fulfilment of His promises. Go a step further, claim the rest of the above verse, which tells you that your youth can be renewed.

Prayer Thought

Cultivate God’s promises into the soil of your life. The health of anything, garden plants or heart, reflects what is going on underground.

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:19 pm

August 11

GOD’S HAND
PROTECTS YOU
Psalm 139:5 You have hedged me behind and before, and laid Your hand upon me.

Did you ever feel let down and deserted during a time of need? Those who don’t understand the promises of God can sometimes feel devastated. When I was thirteen years old we moved to an isolated place in East Africa. One day my parents, brothers and sisters left for the day to pick up supplies, with the plan of coming back that evening. I stayed at home to unpack and protect the place. Something happened which prevented them from returning for three days. During that time I could have become very concerned, but was not the least bit fearful, because I had the protection of the Lord on me. You too, have that same protection, if you are a child of His. He has placed a hedge around you, but wants you to depend on Him to continue maintaining it. Take time to thank Him for the protection He has provided.

Prayer Thought

God promised never to leave you, always be with you. To recognize Satan’s lies, focus on God’s truth!

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:24 am

August 12

GOD’S RIGHTEOUSNESS
COVERS YOU
Isaiah 54:17 No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is from Me,” says the Lord.

How many people have felt they should pray, but didn’t because they felt they were not worthy enough to have their prayers answered? Possibly you have been one of them, but you need to understand how God looks at you. Your prayers are not answered on the basis of your righteousness, they are answered on the basis of the righteousness of Jesus that is covering you. God sees you clothed with the righteousness of Christ as long as you are depending on Him. God is not too busy to be bothered with you, because you are extremely important to Him. Come now to Him in faith, so that He can respond to you in grace.

Prayer Thought

If you never had trouble you’d never be a conqueror! Refuse to be defeated by the challenge.

August 13

GOD’S GLORY
PROTECTING YOU

Isaiah 58:8 Then your light shall break forth like the morning, your healing shall spring forth speedily, and your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.

When Solomon dedicated the temple, 1 Kings 8:11, the glory of the Lord filled the temple, which made it impossible for the priests to continue their work. This became a barrier for them to enter any further into the Temple. Isaiah tells you that God’s glory is to protect you from behind, or will prevent attacks from the rear, when you are allowing the glory of the Lord to dwell within you. You can still see the enemy attack you from the front, but God is expecting you to use your weapons He provided, in Ephesians 6:10-18. The Glory of the Lord is not mentioned in that list, because it’s a defense and not a weapon. Start allowing God’s glory to radiate through you in a strengthening way, as you study His Word.

Prayer Thought

We all need a faith that will not shrink when washed in the waters of affliction and adversity.

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:51 pm

August 14

GOD ANSWERS
YOUR CRY

Isaiah 58:9 Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer; you shall cry, and He will say, “Here I am.” If you take away the yoke from your midst, the pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness.

When some people pray they picture in their mind that they are at the back of a long line, waiting to present their need to God. At the front of the line is a man who is asking the Lord for twenty million dollars for a new Christian hospital, and many others seem to have large requests as well. By the time they get to the front of the line, the Lord will be out of money. The enemy has distorted the picture of God’s love for them as well as His resources. This is contrary to Scripture, because Philippians 4:19 says God will supply all your needs. God wants you to come to Him with confidence, expecting Him to respond. Realize that there is no limit to the resources God has available. Depend on His Word, using it to have your needs met!

Prayer Thought

Christ has set you free to live a free life. Take a stand, if you have planted well - you will reap, guaranteed!

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:16 pm

August 15

GOD WILL
DELIVER YOU

Jeremiah 1:19 “They will fight against you, but they shall not prevail against you. For I am with you,” says the Lord, “to deliver you.”

Trouble is on the horizon for every country, but God is expecting you to depend on Him during those times of need. Recently there have been major problems in a number of countries in Africa, but we have been praying for the Christians in those countries. Your prayers can be hindered when you fail to depend on the promises of God for protection. Jeremiah tells you God is with you, and wants to deliver you. Once Jeremiah was in a dungeon and his friends dropped ropes for him to grab. Had he not done so, he would have stayed in the dungeon, Jeremiah 38:13. God has “dropped” His promises in the Bible for you to grab on to, so that you can be pulled out of the problems. Fill your spirit with more of His promises today, so that you can use them.

Prayer Thought

In Philippians it says “I’ve got my eyes on the goal – I’m off and running, I’m not turning back.” Now that you’re on the right track - stay on it!

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:24 pm

August 16

DELIVERED IN
TIME OF NEED

Jeremiah 15:21 I will deliver you from the hand of the wicked, and I will redeem you from the grip of the terrible.

Many are being attacked by ungodly people in various countries, however they don’t seem to see the fulfilment of the above verse. God wants to help you in your time of need, but your dependancy on His promises must become a life-stye. If your life-style has only been to depend upon Him in a time of emergency, next time you may panic, and forget to call upon Him. When going on a long trip, it will be necessary to fill the fuel tank several times, or else you will be stranded along the road-side. It is also necessary to spend time studying God’s Word, as well as speaking with Him on a daily basis, or else you could become controlled by a spirit of fear. Try to memorize three new promises each week, expecting God to honor them when needed.

Prayer Thought

As you learn more and more how God works, you will learn how to do your work. Have strength to stick it out over the long haul. - The Message.

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:11 pm

August 17

GOD
GUARDS YOU
2 Thessalonians 3:3 But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one.

There have been times when guards became distracted or fell asleep at their post, during those times an enemy slipped by them. God, who has promised to guard you, He will never slumber, Psalm 121:3. The other thing He has promised is that He will establish you. Some people seem to be established in problems, and others seemed to be established in the realm of confusion. God wants to work through you so that you are established in success. Notice what David said in Psalm 1:3 “He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; and whatever he does shall prosper.” The evil one doesn’t want you to prosper, but God wants to stop him from accomplishing his goal. Praise the Lord in a greater way today, because He is going to cause you to be victorious.

Prayer Thought

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe. Smith Wigglesworth. What do you believe?

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:46 pm

August 18

GOD BEGAN A
GOOD WORK IN YOU

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.

Where you are today may seem to be a long way from the goals you had when you first became a Christian. Is it possible the enemy got you side-tracked, and you don’t know how to get back toward the goal God has for you? Psalm 138:8 tells you, “The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever; do not forsake the works of Your hands.”

When your concern is to get back into the center of God’s will for your life, He will help you get there. He began a good work in you, and will complete it. Be confident that He will accomplish this in your life. He has far greater plans in store for your life than you ever dreamed possible, now expect Him to cause them to take place in the near future.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Prayer Thought

His word has never failed! If you can’t believe God, who can you believe?

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:56 am

August 19

YOU ARE A SAINT

Ephesians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints who are in Ephesus, and faithful in Christ Jesus.

Although the letter to the Ephesians was addressed to the Christians in Ephesus, it was designed for the believers of all ages, in every country. Notice, we are called “SAINTS”. Any believer who is living for the Lord, is a saint in the eyes of the Lord. You don’t have to wait until you have passed away to become a saint, because you are one now, if you are living for Him. A saint is a person who is set apart for God’s purposes, and we have been set apart to live for Him.

You have been set apart for the work of the Lord, and He wants to work through you to meet your needs as well as those of others around you. He has you in the position He wants you to be, so “Saint, What ever your name is”, expect the Lord to work through you today.

Prayer Thought

We are the righteousness of Christ. Until we understand who He is, we’ll never understand who we are!

August 20

BLESSED IN
SPIRITUAL BLESSINGS

Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ.

You have been given the promise and it’s yours to receive, even if you haven’t seen the results yet. One of your spiritual blessings, is being directed by the Holy Spirit on a daily basis. He wants to help you overcome problems that are confronting you, and give you the answers you are looking for. Many believers have a large amount of knowledge, but the wisdom from God is lacking in their lives. Divine wisdom is needed in a greater way, because so many are facing major problems. James says you can receive it, James 1:5. God supplies His wisdom to those who have an intimate relationship with Him. Get to know Him better, and start seeing His wisdom work in you in a greater way.

Prayer Thought

Prayer gives strength to the weak, faith to the faint-hearted and courage to the fearful. All God has for you cannot be contained in one container.

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:36 pm

August 21

GOD WILL STAND
UP FOR YOU

Zephaniah 3:15 The Lord has taken away your judgments, (judicial sentence or punishment), He has cast out your enemy. The King of Israel, the Lord, is in your midst; you shall see disaster no more.

The word “FORGIVE” means to cease to feel angry or resentful, and no longer hold it against the person. The word “PARDON” has an added meaning, which can include a remission or removal of the legal consequences of a crime, conviction, error or offence. Legal consequences may be removed, but natural or physical consequences may still remain. An illustration could be that in a fit of anger one mate threw something which broke an expensive item in the home, or worse yet, destroyed an eye of one of the family members. Forgiveness may be given, but the effect of the outburst of anger could last the rest of their lives. God is able to overcome the consequences when you come to Him in prayer, asking for forgiveness and guidance.

Prayer Thought

“Mercy is not for them that sin and fear not, but for them that fear and sin not.” T. Watson.

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:59 pm

August 22

DO NOT WORRY

Matthew 6:25 Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?

Worry is the art of being anxious, being uneasy, vexed or troubled. It has caused people many sleepless hours, because they were not sure of what was going to happen next. When people continue to worry, they end up in a panic. They allow the enemy to take over and rob them of their faith and trust in the promises of God, losing their joy and dependency on the Lord. You must realize that worry is a temptation, just like the temptation to steal, or any of the other thoughts that Satan brings to you. You are told to resist the devil and he will flee from you, James 4:7; 1 Peter 5:8-9. It is not necessary to worry when you are sure God is in control, and wants to meet all of your needs.

Prayer Thought

Worry really means “to be divided in the mind”, being double-minded, rather than single minded. Proverbs 3: 5 says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; don’t depend on your own understanding”.

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:56 pm

August 23

DELIGHTING
IN THE LORD

Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. 5. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass.

Many people have stated that there is no use in serving the Lord, not realizing that God has many wonderful promises for them. When you are in close fellowship with the Lord, He gives you the desires of your heart. As you commit your ways to Him, you will also see those plans fulfilled. On one occasion my wife and I were scheduled to speak in Switzerland, but the plans were canceled. On our return trip from South Africa to the United States, the plane leaving South Africa was delayed by five hours. This meant that the connecting flight in Zurich would leave thirty minutes before we arrived. As a result the airline put us up overnight, in a five star hotel in the downtown area, which allowed us to sightsee! Such a blessing, the God-kind!

Prayer Thought

Sometimes God doesn’t tell you all His plans for your life because you wouldn’t believe it anyway! C. Pearson. No promise from God can fail to be fulfilled.

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:19 pm

August 24

DON’T PANIC

Matthew 24:6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; (DON’T PANIC) for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Problems in many countries are increasing greatly, just as Jesus said. This is a cause of great concern for the person who is not being controlled by the promises of God. Why Did Jesus say “Don’t be troubled, or in other words, don’t panic” when these situations occur? He has promised that He will never leave or forsake you, and that His protection for you would be wherever you went, so why should you panic? Late one night in Mexico a man tried to hold me up. Instantly I said “In the name of Jesus you will not touch me.” A spirit of fear came over the man, and he jumped into his pickup, and rolled his window up. I could see fear all over his face, because he must have seen the angels protecting me as seen in Psalm 91:11.

Prayer Thought

When a train goes through the tunnel and it gets dark, you don’t throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:16 am

GOD WORKING
THROUGH YOU

Daniel 11:32 Those who do wickedly against the covenant he shall corrupt with flattery; but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits.

Many in the world are facing very troublesome times and don’t know where to turn. God is looking for people who are willing to allow Him to use them. The world needs to see a demonstration of His love and divine favor. The phrase “Great exploits” refer to: bold, unusual outstanding deeds and heroic actions. Many believers will not fall into this category because they have not been filling their spirits with the promises of God. They are controlled by the circumstances, instead of being used by God to allow situations to change. During the times of trouble ahead of you, the enemy of your soul will receive much glory for the problems he causes. God wants to receive greater glory through you, by meetings many needs.

Prayer Thought

Pray as if everything depended on God, and work as if everything depended on you. James 2:26 says “Faith without works is dead!”

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:16 am

August 26

GOD WANTS
TO BLESS YOU

Deuteronomy 28:2 And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the Lord your God.

The word “overtake” has two meanings. The first refers to a car passing another car on the highway. Supposing the slower car is doing forty miles per hour, and the second car passes him at over ninety miles, you say “he overtook the slower car.” All the slower car sees, are the tail lights of the faster car. The second meaning refers to catching and holding onto the person. A small child runs away from his father and says, “You can’t catch me Daddy.” The father takes three or four steps and pick him up in his arms, and says, “I’ve got you.” God wants His blessings to grab you and not let go, because you want to do your Heavenly Father’s will to help meet other people’s needs. Ask Him what His will is for the fulfilment of this verse in your life.

Prayer Thought

Plant blessings in other people’s lives, and you’ll reap double blessings in our own, with joy added for good measure!

August 27

RAIN SENT
WHEN NEEDED
Deuteronomy 28:12 The Lord will open to you His good treasure, the heavens, to give the rain to your land in its season, and to bless all the work of your hand. You shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow.

Many areas are having severe drought, or considerable flooding. Neither of these could be called God’s good treasure from heaven. God wants to bless the work of your hands, and enable you to be a blessing to many others. You are to use your “tools” by claiming His promises. Several years ago the weather man at a television station in Texas did a good job of reporting the weather, however when a bad storm would come, he would point to the place on the map, then say “In the name of Jesus it will not take place.” One day he was fired because of what he had been saying. The next day over two thousand phone calls came into the station, demanding his return, and as a result he returned to work.

Prayer Thought

It is not the greatness of your faith that will move the mountain or still the storm, but your faith in the greatness of God!

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:53 pm

August 28

POWER OF
THE TONGUE
Proverbs 12:13 The wicked is ensnared by the transgression of his lips, but the righteous will come through trouble. 14. A man will be satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth, and the recompense of a man’s hands will be rendered to him.

What you say CONTROLS you. Satan is aware that God’s power stands behind your words when you say what you believe. He will give you thoughts that will allow God’s power to work against you. He wants you to speak words of doubt, fear and unbelief. The more you talk of fear, the more fearful you become. People have sneezed a couple of times, and then stated, “I believe I’m catching a cold,” and ended up receiving what they claimed. Their negative words acted as a sword to destroy their faith to receive divine protection or something good. The Lord wants you to be satisfied with good, by the fruit of your mouth. Guard your mouth, ask the Lord to direct you, so that your words will always work for you, see Psalm 19:14.

Prayer Thought

Remember Mark 11, “Whoever says, those things he says shall come to pass, and he shall have what he says.” What do want in your life from God? Say it!

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:12 pm

August 29

GOD HONORING
YOUR WORDS

Job 22:28 You will also declare a thing, and it will be established for you; so light will shine on your ways.

The answers to your prayers come by using the faith of God WITH the right confession. A negative confession states the problem, and a positive one is depending on the promises of God. Supposing a person steps onto an outside fire escape of a burning building, but it brakes loose from the building. As he is falling he repeats several times, “I’m not falling,” he will find that his positive words accomplish nothing. But if he were to say “In the name of Jesus, when I stop falling, I will not be hurt,” then he will find that what he declared will come to pass. Three things need to be remembered when declaring something that will take divine power to accomplish. The first is finding out the will of God for that item. The second is speaking - using divine faith, and the third is timing. Before claiming this verse ask the Lord to direct your words.

Prayer Thought

The promise “He shall have whatsoever he says” (Mark 11:23) is a two edged sword; it can work for you or against you, depending on what you say!

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:51 pm

August 30

GUARDING
YOUR WORDS

Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

Often people have more faith in the enemy’s ability to give them problems than they have in the power of God to supply their needs. In God’s eyes this is unbelief. The Word of God is not void of power, it is only powerless when it is not spoken or believed. God will not give you something that is contrary to His Word. He will also hold back on things that are contrary to His will, otherwise you will receive answers to many foolish requests. It is possible to go beyond His will, by using divine faith, and demand the answer. You will get that answer, but you may be very sorry because you demanded it. God is faithful to His Word and promises. Depend on them in a far greater way than you have ever done before, expecting the Lord to direct you what to ask for.

Prayer Thought

Make this your heart’s desire, your ambition, that you might please God with your life, your time, your talents, your money, your all, Hebrews 11:5. You can’t go wrong!

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:51 pm

August 31

OVERCOMING
PROBLEMS

John 14:12 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13. And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

Do you really believe that Jesus meant what He said when he said the above words? Once I was driving a pickup along the coast, over 500 miles south of the United States, and ahead of me was the tail end of a hurricane. The back of the pickup had my electric generator, projector, as well as flour, sugar and other things to be given away. It was raining very hard, and I knew the water would spoil my supplies, so I spoke to the rain, “In the name of Jesus move out to sea.” The rain stopped falling on the road and moved to the sea. As soon as I had passed that area, the rain returned to the land.

Prayer Thought

You needn’t worry whether you have faith or not. All you need to do is decide to apply the faith you already have in the right direction!

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:43 pm

September 1

ANGELIC PROTECTION

Psalm 34:7 The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, (reverence and worship God), and delivers them.

Once while driving on a highway with four lanes in each direction, I felt I should ask my wife to pray. We must have driven about two minutes after she was through, when all of the vehicles came to an abrupt stop. I was in the fast lane at the time, and was easily able to stop. The person behind me was unable to safely stop, so she swerved her car off the road, and finally stopped level with my door handle, causing no damage. Had she hit us, her motor would possibly have been in our rear seat. We were delivered from extensive damage as well as possible tremendous whip lash to our necks. Each of us who reverence and worship God have been protected on many occasions, even though we may not have realized it at the time. Thank the Lord for His divine protection that you will continue to receive.

Prayer Thought

You have what God says you have. He promises to give His angels charge over you to keep you in ALL your ways!

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:40 pm

September 2

WHAT DO
YOU LACK?

Psalm 34:9 Oh, fear the Lord, you His saints! There is no want to those who fear Him, (reverence and worship God). 10. The young lions lack and suffer hunger; but those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing.

Many are going to see the fulfilment of the above two verses in the days ahead. You will see this take place in your life in direct proportion to how you reverence and worship God. I accepted the Lord as my Savior in 1934, and have seen this promise fulfilled many times. Some of my classmates in grade school, high school as well as college have had major problems in their lives, but the Lord has brought me through all the difficult situations.

Notice the phrase, “shall not lack any good thing.” Expect that to take to take place each day of your life. The secret is a total dependancy on the Lord. Fill your spirit with more of His promises today.

Prayer Thought

When faith goes to market it always takes a basket! Prayer is the key in the hand of faith which unlocks heaven’s storehouse!

September 3

FOOD IN
TIME OF FAMINE

Psalm 37:19 They shall not be ashamed in the evil time, and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.

In the near future a big famine will hit every country, but don’t let it affect you. Storing up large amounts of food for that time is not the answer, because people will steal it, as well other adverse conditions can affect it. The idea God has for you is to fill your spirit with the promises of God before the problems come, so that you come against the problems with what God’s Word says. During the three years of drought, Elijah had food every day, 1 Kings 17:1-16. You might say that God met his need because he was a prophet, but how did God looked at Elijah? James 5:17-18 tells you Elijah was a man with a nature like yours, he prayed that it would not rain. Later he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit. God will meet your need during the famine as well.

Prayer Thought

When the storms strike, its what happens “in” you that will determine what happens “to” you. J. Savelle. Your needs He will supply!

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:38 pm

September 4

RECEIVING
BENEFITS DAILY

Psalm 68:19 Blessed be the Lord, Who daily loads us with benefits, the God of our salvation!

God’s benefits for you will never run out, because He has an inexhaustible supply. He is more willing to meet your need than you are willing to receive. So many times people try to rely on their own resources instead of depending on the Creator of resources, who has for the asking, such things as:

Wisdom: Far fewer poor decisions would be made if people would rely on divine wisdom, which God wants to give.

Guidance: The Holy Sprit wants to guide you daily.

Health: God wants to renew your youth, Psalm 103:5.

For I am the Lord who heals you - Exodus 15:26

Finances: My God will meet all your need, Phil. 4:19.

Prayer Thought

Are you in need of some of His benefits? He says you don’t have because you don’t ask. Is that where you are? Then ask!

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:37 pm

September 5

USING GOD’S
METHODS

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

God gave you a pattern, and Jesus started it by giving you the world you live in. He gave you life, as well as everything around you. God showed His love to you in the greatest possible way, by GIVING you His Son. God’s method was to GIVE FIRST, and then to receive. He showed His love to you FIRST and then you were to give your love to Him. In order to receive blessings from God, you must FIRST GIVE. The satanic forces have bound many Christians with a spirit of poverty. They hardly seem to really expect that God will meet their needs. This is because they copy the world which teaches: “In order to get, I have to take.” A farmer plants first and then expects to get a harvest, to meet His needs. Ask the Lord what he wants you to plant, as well as where to plant.

Prayer Thought

Love doesn’t take - love gives and gives some more! If Christians gave as the body of Christ - there would be no need!

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:45 pm

September 6

GIVE AND IT WILL
BE GIVEN TO YOU

Luke 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.

A lady came to her pastor and asked him why she was always helping people as well as helping around the church, but was continually having a financial need. The pastor asked her: “Do people help you?” She immediately replied “yes.” He asked her if people smiled at her when she smiled at them. She immediately replied yes. The pastor’s reply was: “You are reaping what you are sowing. When you smile at someone, they will smile back at you. You do good things for others, and you are reaping the same kind of harvest.” He told her to start planting in a financial way, and she would see a different type of harvest.

Prayer Thought

Your life consists of what you are sowing. If you don’t like your crop - dig it up and plant a new one!

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:21 pm

September 7

THE EARTH
IS THE LORD’S

Psalm 24:1 The earth is the Lord’s, and all its fullness, the world and those who dwell therein.

You are not the owner of the land you live on, it belongs to God. You are “renting” the field, the earth, and this “rent” is given in the form of “tithes.” Your tithes are only given for the use of the land you live on. Tithes open the door to give the benefits God has for you, which include health and protection. Many people see blessings, but are not tithing, and think that God is blessing them. God causes the sun to rise on the good and the evil and sends rain on the just and the unjust, Matthew 5:45. Some people confuse God’s approval with His blessings, not understanding that their hard work will produce a harvest. Some people claim that paying tithes was in the Mosaic law, however Abraham paid tithes 500 years before the Mosaic law was given. God blesses the person who is obedient to His commands.

Prayer Thought

God asks you to give to Him so that He can give to you, “pressed down, shaken together and running over.” Prove Him!

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:20 pm

September 8

ROBBING GOD

Malachi 3:8 Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say, “In what way have we robbed You?” In tithes and offerings. 9. You are cursed with a curse, for you have robbed Me, even this whole nation.

When you do not pay your tithes, you rob God, and immediately step into an area that allows Satan to send additional problems. God permits these problems to come your way because of disobedience. Some of the things you may see can be loss of work, loss of health, famine, scarcity, unreasonable weather, insects to eat the fruit of the land, or money losing much of its value. The end result is that you will become spiritually and physically poor. You have been demonstrating your lack of love for the Lord by your disobedience to His Word, in your tithing, because John 14:15 tells you, “If you love Me, keep My commandments.”

Prayer Thought

God has promised, if I obey Him in giving, that He will rebuke the devourer for my sake. The devil would devour finances, harmony at home - anything that would destroy me.

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:06 pm

September 12

PUTTING GOD
TO THE TEST

Malachi 3:10 “Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and prove Me now in this,” says the Lord of hosts, “If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it.”

After reading Malachi 3:7-10, you may have felt that you had to perform a duty, and so gave money to the church because you felt it was an obligation. The One who is really obligated is God. He obligates Himself to giving you a harvest, meeting your needs as well as stopping the things that destroy your possessions. When you see that giving to the Lord is a privilege, because of the benefits, you will become a cheerful giver. Many churches are under tremendous financial pressure, because blessings from the Lord are being withheld. Realize that your personal actions will affect the rest of the body as well.

Prayer Thought

After all He’s done for you - obedience is a small price to pay. True trust, true faith drops its letter in the post box and lets go. Distrust holds on to the corner of it, and wonders that the answer never comes.

Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:17 pm

September 14

REBUKING
THE DEVOURER

Malachi 3:11 “And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, so that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground, nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field,” says the Lord of hosts;

Many people are afraid of thieves breaking into their homes. God will prevent them from coming and wasting your goods if you take normal precautions. He wants to help you in every area of your life, but you must do your part by meeting the conditions. It’s not necessary to ask the Lord about your tithes, but it’s very necessary to find the will of the Lord to know how much seed to plant, which is in addition to your tithes, and where to plant it.

1. Bring your tithes to your local church.

2. Plant “seed” or money, in excess of your tithes, for the work of the Lord so He can give you a large harvest to meet all your needs.

Prayer Thought

If God has not been meeting your needs, perhaps you have not been putting Him first. My responsibility is to plant seed - God will meet the need!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   

Back to top Go down

Daily Devotional
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next